Skip to main content

The Firekeepers of Jwalapuram (Book Review)

Image Credit

Book:
The Firekeepers of Jwalapuram: Book 2 of The Kishkindha Chronicles

Author: Vamsee Juluri

Publication: Westland       

  

The Firekeepers of Jwalapuram is the second book in the Kishkindha Chronicles (trilogy). It is a sequel to Saraswati's Intelligence, authored by Vamsee Juluri. The first book showed Hanuman in a completely different light, and this book takes the story forward.  

 

The previous book dealt with Hanuman’s journey to protect the dharma and this story takes this journey further. This book deals with Mother nature’s fury, something very relevant to our times, isn’t it? The way the story is worked out in this book is not very different from what we are perhaps experiencing in our times as well. Other issues like those of migrants, missing children, endangered planet, among others are very well relevant in today’s times.



 

The story beings at a good pace, but somewhere in between it loses the same. It gets a little stretched somewhere in the middle. One of the interesting aspects is that this story portrays some strong women characters like Vaishnavi, Ruma, and Tara

 

The author holds on to his strengths which are interesting plot, comprehendible vocabulary, and flawless narration in addition to his knowledge of Indian mythology.

 

My ratings: 4 out of the 5.

I received a review copy of the book from Writers Melon in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Personal Space And Accepting Oneself (Book Review)

Image Source Book: My Space My Body – starring Taka Dimi Author: Roopa Pai Illustrator: Archana Sreenivasan Publisher: Fitkids Education and Training Pvt Ltd For: Children above 3 years Books for children is an important responsibility; not just for the publishers and authors, but also for the parents and teachers. It is essential that the books we share with our children should not just be informative and engaging but also educational. My Space My Body (MSMB) is an interesting blend of all the above elements.

You Hired Smart Talent. But Are You Training Them Right?

Every year, organizations hire bright interns and freshers from top institutes. They come in with promise, potential, and the right intent. But somewhere between onboarding and execution, something quietly breaks. Not because they lack capability. But because they’re not really trained, properly. In many workplaces, especially in fast-paced functions like communications, freshers are given tasks, targets, and timelines, but not the depth required to execute them well. Take something as simple as media outreach.

From ‘ASL Pls’ To Emoji’s

I don’t get tired; no really, I do not get tired or bored at all narrating our story to anyone. Infact every new person I meet, I try to grab this opportunity to talk about us – You and I!   And I surprise myself when I realise that I still remember it all so well. Every single detail of 4 years of friendship, 4 years of long-distance relationship, and 7 years of being married. Well, can’t really say that about the last 7 years :P, but the first 8 years are like embedded in my DNA. Pic clicked by Sudipto Roy I think our story is unique. It’s beautiful. Just 15 years old but so much has changed in this one and half-decade. Or not much?