Skip to main content

That झूला In My Balcony


There’s a single-seater white झूला occupying the space in my house balcony (yes, my house has balconies. Not one but two!). I have always loved the thought of having a झूला in a balcony or a veranda in a house. It has been one of my most desired things on the list of home décor, or essentials, actually.

This झूला bought on amazon made with wood and the white rope is very special to me; it’s like what I would call “my space”. I can sit on it for hours together doing things that like (reading, surfing, chatting, listening to music) or just not doing anything. Simply staring at the horizon.

Mostly, I sit on it thinking of everything that is possible – the past, present, and future. It is very relaxing and calming, you see, just sitting there with a cup of morning tea or evening coffee.   


Or even जब बारिश होती है ना, I sit on it and swing it gently allowing my skin to absorb the coolness of the water.

Whether I am alone or with any company, this झूला is my comforter.

When I have company (husband, mom, relatives, or friends), this झूला silently swings as if हमारी कहानियां सुन रहा हैं. But when I am alone in the balcony, it becomes my main character. It becomes my tool of time travel, literally. 

I swing it gently and it sends me back to the past recollecting the good days and bad ones too; sometimes it takes me to the future also, again pondering over good prospects and bad choices. But then it brings me back to the present, just being there with me and listening to my thoughts without any opinions or judgments.

 I feel very comfortable holding the arms made of thick ropes on the sides of the झूला. It's funny but it does feel like I am holding somebody’s hand.

This झूला – a materialistic object, my relationship with it is so non-materialistic. 

It is so surprising how this inanimate simple thing that money can buy, can have such a huge impact (intangible, of course) on my being.

Do you have any such special relationship with an inanimate object, that comforts your soul? Tell me what is it and how does it touch your life? (BTW, I am not counting any electronic devices in this list, okay).  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Personal Space And Accepting Oneself (Book Review)

Image Source Book: My Space My Body – starring Taka Dimi Author: Roopa Pai Illustrator: Archana Sreenivasan Publisher: Fitkids Education and Training Pvt Ltd For: Children above 3 years Books for children is an important responsibility; not just for the publishers and authors, but also for the parents and teachers. It is essential that the books we share with our children should not just be informative and engaging but also educational. My Space My Body (MSMB) is an interesting blend of all the above elements.

You Hired Smart Talent. But Are You Training Them Right?

Every year, organizations hire bright interns and freshers from top institutes. They come in with promise, potential, and the right intent. But somewhere between onboarding and execution, something quietly breaks. Not because they lack capability. But because they’re not really trained, properly. In many workplaces, especially in fast-paced functions like communications, freshers are given tasks, targets, and timelines, but not the depth required to execute them well. Take something as simple as media outreach.

From ‘ASL Pls’ To Emoji’s

I don’t get tired; no really, I do not get tired or bored at all narrating our story to anyone. Infact every new person I meet, I try to grab this opportunity to talk about us – You and I!   And I surprise myself when I realise that I still remember it all so well. Every single detail of 4 years of friendship, 4 years of long-distance relationship, and 7 years of being married. Well, can’t really say that about the last 7 years :P, but the first 8 years are like embedded in my DNA. Pic clicked by Sudipto Roy I think our story is unique. It’s beautiful. Just 15 years old but so much has changed in this one and half-decade. Or not much?