Skip to main content

Interesting Insights about Ghostwriting (Book Review)


Book: The Secret of Ghostwriting (Kindle Edition)

Series: Volume 3 of Writer’s Toolkit

Author: D.R Downer

Publication: The Book Club

The subject of Ghostwriting is a quite intriguing for many of us. So, here’s the book that aims at answering all your possible questions on the subject. The author D.R. Downer, who himself is an experienced ghostwriter (and well that’s his pseudonym) has attempted to answer all the possible queries, including do’s and don’ts that one can think of.




Ghostwriting is a sad but prevalent fact in the writing industry. In the book, the author has referred to Ghost-writing to surrogacy and a ghost-writer to surrogate mother.  This is with reference to the emotions attached to one’s writing.

He has thoughtfully jotted down the why’s and how’s of the ghostwriting; the nitty-gritties and industry insights as well.  If you have ever considered ghostwriting as a career option, this is the book you need to flip through.

This is a 20-minuter and a short read. No harm in knowing about the insider details of the industry that gives you your world of dreams.

I would rate this book 3 out of 5.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Personal Space And Accepting Oneself (Book Review)

Image Source Book: My Space My Body – starring Taka Dimi Author: Roopa Pai Illustrator: Archana Sreenivasan Publisher: Fitkids Education and Training Pvt Ltd For: Children above 3 years Books for children is an important responsibility; not just for the publishers and authors, but also for the parents and teachers. It is essential that the books we share with our children should not just be informative and engaging but also educational. My Space My Body (MSMB) is an interesting blend of all the above elements.

From ‘ASL Pls’ To Emoji’s

I don’t get tired; no really, I do not get tired or bored at all narrating our story to anyone. Infact every new person I meet, I try to grab this opportunity to talk about us – You and I!   And I surprise myself when I realise that I still remember it all so well. Every single detail of 4 years of friendship, 4 years of long-distance relationship, and 7 years of being married. Well, can’t really say that about the last 7 years :P, but the first 8 years are like embedded in my DNA. Pic clicked by Sudipto Roy I think our story is unique. It’s beautiful. Just 15 years old but so much has changed in this one and half-decade. Or not much?

You Hired Smart Talent. But Are You Training Them Right?

Every year, organizations hire bright interns and freshers from top institutes. They come in with promise, potential, and the right intent. But somewhere between onboarding and execution, something quietly breaks. Not because they lack capability. But because they’re not really trained, properly. In many workplaces, especially in fast-paced functions like communications, freshers are given tasks, targets, and timelines, but not the depth required to execute them well. Take something as simple as media outreach.