Just wanna say, I love you...


Dated: March 2013

For the first time in two months, the Kannada movie song sounded melodious to my ears. Of course, the Volvo bus drivers love it and that explains their preference for Kannada music over Bollywood songs. The radio stations were playing mushy love songs, as I gather from the lyrics that mentioned the word "preeti" more often. After all, it was Valentine’s Day.

Until last year this day just used to be like any other day.

 

Of course, I wished my friends in person and via emails & chats, caught up with friends after long time lunches, dinners etc. After all, it was just a reason to enjoy and spend some good time. 

But this year’s Valentine’s was different. Not because, it was my first Valentine's after marriage. There was something more to it, for sure. I wanted to celebrate it in its true sense.
It was my first Valentine’s with my husband of two months, the guy who's been my boyfriend for four years and my best friend of eight years....... and mind you, all three of these is the same person.

It’s actually very amazing, as to how a stranger becomes the most important part of your life. What's more amazing is the journey together. Come to think of it, a random guy who shared 15-30 minutes of his life with you on some silly online chat room is now sharing my bedroom, wardrobe, food and in fact, my life, my days and nights. At times I can't believe, I left my home, parents, friends, and my city to live with him. WHY?

I question myself only to dive into the memoirs of last eight years. While I flip through the pages of our lives, I bookmark events that actually changed my thinking, and shaped my perception of friendship, love, lust marriage, relationship and life. Those events made me realize the flavour of words like expectation and satisfaction.

Those beautiful memories are what our relationship is built upon and how lovingly we preserve them... and will always do. 

"Just wanna say, I love you

Dull, dark, sad and grey that's how my life would have been without you. You bring the much needed light, enthusiasm, excitement and fun in my every day. You bring out the creativity and the sweetness in me. You have become so important to me.

It seems we knew each other since forever, and we will stay this way till eternity... in love.

Leaving my world behind I decided to be a part of your universe. I don't regret it, though I miss them all.

With you, however, I know I will live my life and not just survive. It's your care, warmth and smile that acts as a healer for me.

Be the way you are, always.

Love me :)

Happy Valentine's Day :-)  :-*"

(...because every day is a Valentine’s Day with you)


Comments