Bangalore Literature Festival 2023

So, this year’s Bangalore Literature Festival (BLR LitFest) had a whole different vibe for me. I had the chance to meet some of my favorite authors and those whose work I've recently come to admire.

In addition to gaining insights on the perspective of authors and their books, I discovered new facets of myself during the event. Attended a few sessions, that I didn’t intent too, but I am glad I did.

I unexpectedly attended a few sessions, but hey, no regrets – they turned out to be pretty insightful.

These two days, brought to my mind a dialogue from ‘3 Idiots’ - "Chaaro taraf gyaan bat raha hai, jahan se mile lapet lo..." Felt like I was just floating around like a butterfly in a field of flowers, soaking it all in.  

During the book signing at BLR Litfest, I had the privilege of engaging in a brief conversation with Ashwin Sanghi. – author of The Magicians of Mazda and lot more books.

I expressed my admiration for the meticulous research he does for each of his books - about one year. This particularly in the ‘fast-food era’ -an age where everyone wants to be tended at a fast-paced. It's no surprise that his books are so detailed. Man of with enormous patience and unwavering determination.

With his humble, polite, and ever-smiling demeanour, interacting with him was a pleasant experience. Total good vibes!

Anand Neelakantan, the author who narrates the tales of the ‘villains’ of mythology! During the Bangalore Literature Festival (BLR LitFest), after his session, I eagerly approached him to get a book signed and tell him how strong his narratives are in his books. “While reading Asura: Tale of the Vanquished, at the end, I wanted to Raavan to win,” I said. He laughed. I believe his books and writings have the power to get us to see the perspective of the defeated. They encourage us to widen our horizon and think beyond what is taught. 

Picking up my next soon from the Bahubali series!

Say Hello to Sriram Devatha author of the recently launched “Brand-Galuru – Made in Bengaluru” – a captivating compilation of tales of city’s iconic brands, beyond the IT sector.

It was a pleasure meeting him for the first time, at the BLR Litfest having previously reviewed his debut book #Indogene.

I am eager to discover more about the city, which is now Namma Mane with this yellow book and know more about the inspiring journey of Bengaluru's identity.

It takes a lot of strength to write a memoir about someone you love a lot (and perhaps haven’t expressed it enough), and talk about it on a public platform. I was excited to attend the session where Manish Gaekwad was speaking about his book The Last Courtesan: Writing My Mother's Memoir. I follow him on LinkedIn and his candid and unfiltered posts have really impressed me. 

In the session Dr Alka Pande skillfully engaged him in a conversation and brought out the essence of the book and his journey. 

Totally enjoyed the session and loved every bit of it!  

Honestly, it was my first introduction to Dr Alka Pande - a historian, academician, author, and an art curator…and what an amazing personality she turned out to be. I attended her fascinating sessions - 

- First: in which she touched nerves of the author Manish Gaekwad, brought out the essence of his experiences. 

- Second: in which she spoke at length on ‘The River of Rasa’: Understanding the Indian Aesthetics.

She was humble enough on clearing my doubts or sharing her perspective on Shiva’s reluctance on letting go of Shakti’s body, after her death.

Excited to pick up one of her books and start my journey on Indian art and aesthetics. 

Overall, the BLR LitFest this year come along at the right time and offered me an amazing experience.




Comments