A Soul Stirring Journey! (Book Review)



Book: The Seeker
Author: Karan Bajaj


The climax of the book is just unexpected. Well that's not how you would expect me to begin a review, but it's simply not what I had anticipated. In fact with the twists and turns I actually had no idea how the book will end. Had completely given up all my presumptions.


I'll be honest, first few pages were a little boring for me. Perhaps, because the beginning is slow or maybe because I thought this packing your stuff and going away is a 'very guy' thing.

Alright, the fact is I was jealous of Max, that  he could just walk away from his corporate life towards a different life......

However, I continued to read; I was curious to know   how far does Max go in order to reach that state where he feels detached from the world yet one with every tiny bit of the universe. And boy what a journey that was! I enjoyed it :)




Though one might say that the story is about a foreigner seeking salvation, satisfaction or happiness in the snow-clad mountains of India, I'd say it's story of 'us', well, most of us.

The tale is about how far can one go to answer his/her real yearnings!!!


Coming back to the story of Max, there were times when I felt, Max will (and should) go back to his boring world for which he had struggled so hard, instead of struggling so hard without even being sure of consequences. And I waited with bated breath to see, if he budges or continues with his expedition.
 
With the story of Max, the author explores if it is difficult to just let go? If it is difficult to just leave everything you have struggled all your life to achieve? That too just in a moment? The comfort, the leisure and the convenience of slogging your a** and robotically keying the words and numbers on a computer screen.



The narration is compelling and that's another factor that kept me engaged. It kept me hooked onto Max's journey and experiences and feelings and observations. 


Overall, I'd say that this book is a keeper; whenever you feel lost in the world you have created for yourself, flip through this soul stirring journey!

Read it, if you haven't yet!!!

Comments

  1. Very detailed and balanced review. I have read other novels by this author, and he sure is a great storyteller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amrit :), I too enjoy reading Karan's writing

      Delete

Post a Comment