Skip to main content

Sniper’s Eye Hits The Bull’s Eye (Book Review)



Pic Credit: Varun N Rao
Book: Sniper’s Eye

Author: Mainak Dhar

Publication: 4 Hour Press


“Are you sure the one whom you trust the most is worthy of it?”

In midst of umpteen thrillers based on terrorism, Indo-Pak issue etc. Sniper’s Eye is a fast-paced, high on adrenaline, short and a refreshing action thriller.  I have always been a fan of this genre and never feel like putting a book down at the end of the day.  The adrenaline rush it pumps is worth missing out on your sleep for few hours.

Well known writers such as Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum etc. fuelled my thirst for fast-paced, action thrillers before and Mainak Dhar is topping my list with Sniper’s Eye.




Sniper’s Eye offers a very fresh plot for thriller readers.  It has a good storyline based around the mystery behind a string of brutal serial killings of retired defence personnel and how the protagonist, an ex-army officer who is happy with his post-army life, gets caught in midst of all these. How the tracks lead him to a huge conspiracy that can have catastrophic consequences on the entire nation and its security? How does he battle his past, his personal demons and also the situation he is embroiled in? How does he ensure his loved ones aren’t hurt? And finally, how does he use his battle experience, intuition and common sense to choose the right-side and come out unscathed?

The narrative is kept simple, fast, crisp and clear with no room for nonsense, yet nerve-gripping. The pace really gets to your adrenaline and you won’t feel like putting the book down. The heroes of this book are its story and Mainak Dhar himself.

Don’t forget to pick your copy of Sniper’s Eye!

I would rate this book 4.5 out of 5.

About The Guest Reviewer:
Varun N Rao is a Senior Content Specialist at a US-based software company in Bengaluru. In his 'strictly me' time, he creates realistic portraits with pencils and paints, paintings and funny caricatures. He also creates digital works and explores new trends in the art world both, digital and fine art. Follow his works at www.facebook.com/vartoonss/
Apart from this, he helps his wife to create delicious, mouth-watering chocolates under the banner Eat More Chocolates (www.facebook.com/eatmorechocolates).

When not creating portraits or preparing chocolates, he indulges in some lazy time to read biographies, fiction and non-fiction books, editing his wife's articles/blogs/short stories or just watch movies, comedy serials etc.


I received a review copy of the book from Writers Melon in exchange for an honest and unbiased review



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Personal Space And Accepting Oneself (Book Review)

Image Source Book: My Space My Body – starring Taka Dimi Author: Roopa Pai Illustrator: Archana Sreenivasan Publisher: Fitkids Education and Training Pvt Ltd For: Children above 3 years Books for children is an important responsibility; not just for the publishers and authors, but also for the parents and teachers. It is essential that the books we share with our children should not just be informative and engaging but also educational. My Space My Body (MSMB) is an interesting blend of all the above elements.

From ‘ASL Pls’ To Emoji’s

I don’t get tired; no really, I do not get tired or bored at all narrating our story to anyone. Infact every new person I meet, I try to grab this opportunity to talk about us – You and I!   And I surprise myself when I realise that I still remember it all so well. Every single detail of 4 years of friendship, 4 years of long-distance relationship, and 7 years of being married. Well, can’t really say that about the last 7 years :P, but the first 8 years are like embedded in my DNA. Pic clicked by Sudipto Roy I think our story is unique. It’s beautiful. Just 15 years old but so much has changed in this one and half-decade. Or not much?

You Hired Smart Talent. But Are You Training Them Right?

Every year, organizations hire bright interns and freshers from top institutes. They come in with promise, potential, and the right intent. But somewhere between onboarding and execution, something quietly breaks. Not because they lack capability. But because they’re not really trained, properly. In many workplaces, especially in fast-paced functions like communications, freshers are given tasks, targets, and timelines, but not the depth required to execute them well. Take something as simple as media outreach.