Never Gone: Nostalgic…Back To ‘Bachchpan’ (Book Review)

Book: Never Gone
Author: Anusha Subramanian
Publisher: Penguin India

Do you remember that feeling, when you had your first crush back in good old school days? Or, the days you spent trying to impress your love interest? This book will transport you back to those wonderful days – school days. At least this is what it did to me. It took me back to the days of learning and comprehending emotions such as feelings, emotions, love, friendship, companionship, sympathy, empathy, trust, happiness, sorrow, jealousy, hatred, revenge and the list is endless.

I have completed my education in co-ed school and college and very closely witnessed love stories bloom and relationship break. I could completely identify with the story, plot, the setup and the characters. I loved the way the characterization has been done and the flash backs described.




Never Gone is about eight friends studying in class XIth. One of them Ananya, who is sort of a binding vine for all the other seven, succumbs to a fatal disease. The loss is terrible for all, as they all had individual memories and experiences of life time with Ananya. Even after her death, Ananya doesn’t leave her friends alone… no it’s not a spooky or a horror story… but in form of letters she had written for her friends, she helps them overcome their personal struggles and become better people.
And believe me, in those 7 letters, there is definitely one for you. (I found the one for me ;) )

The author, barely a 16 year of Anusha, has delivered a masterpiece which will connect with readers of every age.  The phase and events and challenges described in the book -you are probably experiencing it at present or have already been though it in the past or your future will certainly make you live it.

It’s a beautiful read and you wouldn’t want to not re-live the beautiful school days, by not reading this book.

I received this book for an unbiased review.


My rating: 4 stars

Comments

  1. Hi am trying to get in touch regarding book reviews. Could you share an email address please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, you can write to me at anugya.sinha@gmail.com

      Delete

Post a Comment