On A Wild Chase!!!

Image source
The Stranger Trilogy
1. Marry me, Stranger
2. All yours, Stranger
3. Forget me not, Stranger

Author: Novoneel Chakraborty

The author, Novoneel Chakraborty almost killed me with the suspense!!! Every time the stranger promises to reveal himself/ herself, I would get as hopeful as the protagonist does... ignoring the fact, if the (secret) identity of the stranger is what holds the readers’ interest and of course the reason behind this chase, that runs into three whole books ;P.

The trilogy ensured a good build-up and kept me engaged throughout. The protagonist Rivanah (I call her Rivah) Bannerjee just like any other independent, working, urban girl is leading a normal life, but suddenly this ‘stranger’ enters her life keeping a track of her every breath. The stranger helps Rivah out of her problems, oh he/she is good person… no wait, he/she has strange demands that Rivah needs to fulfil against her wishes … so he/she is a bad person…confusing, isn’t it?  

One moment ‘this stranger is a hero’ and then he/she would do something that would make me think otherwise. Well, this continues till the end of third book. On top of that, most key characters would show some signs to make me believe that he/she could be the stranger.  

This good/bad stranger knows a lot about Rivah’s past, really, even the people and incidents, she herself doesn’t remember or maybe never experienced. Well, you gotta read out to find out!

On a serious note, the philosophy and thinking behind the stranger trilogy is compelling and took me by surprise after all it was something extremely unexpected. And this is what makes the trilogy worth reading.

It’s definitely a page turner! 

Comments